Residences | A la une
KIBRIT RESIDENCY PROGRAMME // OPEN CALL
We are happy to announce that the call for participation to KIBRIT artistic residency programme 2017 is now open.
The residency programme is run by LE 18 (Marrakech) and Ramallah Municipality (Ramallah) and aims at offering the opportunity to artists, curators or cultural researchers coming from, or working in North Africa and Middle East to spend one month in either Marrakech or Ramallah researching or producing artworks linked to cultural heritage and collective memory in the two cities. Applicants must specify to which location they are applying to and they should be willing to engage in a research linked to one of the residency programs run by LE 18 (programme Qanat) and Ramallah Municipality (programme Mammarat). Please read the attached PDF for more information on each programme.
Application deadline: 25th June 2017
Results: Mid July
Locations: Marrakech or Ramallah
Residency period: 1 month, between August and November 2017 depending on the location
- Marrakech residency - open to artists working in or coming from Ramallah ONLY. No restrictions in terms of age, sex, medium.
- Ramallah residency - open to artists with any nationality, evidence of interest and past research in North Africa and Middle East required. No restrictions in terms of age, sex, medium.
To apply, please read carefully the two residency descriptions and send all the listed elements to email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org and to email@example.com by 10th June 2017.
For any inquiry or technical problem in downloading the application form, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Application form (please download the .word and send it back as .pdf once completed)
- Portfolio and CV
- Letter of intent (half a page)
- Project proposal (half a page) - note that the project proposal doesn’t have to be detailed
THE RESIDENCY - Modalities of application and selection
The residency is open to artists, curators or cultural researchers:
- Active/interested in North Africa and/or the Middle-East;
- Available for at least one month of residency in the indicated period (for details see below);
- Able to speak fluently either Arabic, French or English (Marrakech residency), and Arabic or English (Ramallah residency);
- The residency in Marrakech is open to artists coming from Ramallah/ Palestine only;
- There is no restriction in regards to nationality or city of residency for the residency in Ramallah.
A selecting committee composed by one member for each Kibrit partner and two members from the hosting associations will be created to evaluate all the applications. Results will be communicated approximately three weeks after the deadline.
To download the full document of the call, please follow this link or download the attachment.
KIBRIT is a collaborative programme for research and production focused on artistic and curatorial practices engaged in the reactivation of material and immaterial cultural heritage and collective memory in North Africa and Middle East.
KIBRIT is initiated by LE 18 (Marrakech), Atelier de l’Observatoire (Casablanca), Maison de l’Image (Tunis), Ramallah Municipality (Ramallah), Rhizome (Algiers), in partnership with JISER (Tunis/Barcelona) and CeRCCa (Barcelona).
For more information about KIBRIT, please visit our website www.kibrit.org or write us at email@example.com